If there is anything that I have found just as rewarding as technology or writing it is cooking. I enjoy coming up with dishes that makes my family wonder what I am up to. Normally they come out decent and sometimes even really great! Take my homemade pierogi’s! Or my homemade noodles which for the first time ever making them they turned out great.
Today I am working on a new dish that I am not sure of but I hope it turns out? Especially after my wife paid her hard earned cash on the roast. But I am not thinking roast. Anyway here is today’s recipe.
- One Beef Roast about 2-4 pounds should work
- 6 cloves of garlic cut in half
- Banana Peppers
- 1 large onion cut up to slices
- Season Salt
- One bottle Italian dressing
- Little cooking wine
- Take your roast and place it into a large baking pan.
- Sprinkle your season salt onto the roast and rub it in.
- Cut slits all over the roast and plug the holes with the garlic.
- Toss all of your onions all over the roast.
- Cover with a few Banana Peppers
- Empty you bottle of Italian dress over and around the roast.
- Pour a little cooking wine over the roast and the dressing.
- Put enough water in the pan up to the sides on the roast. This is mainly to create a steaming effect.
- Cover the baking pan with foil.
- Turn your over on 350, we are going for the low and slow effect. Baking time will be until the meat falls apart.
- My final plan is to break all of the roast up and place some onto a hoagie bun and sprinkle a little A1 onto the sandwich.______________________________________________________________________
I will serve this up with maybe some fries and a red wine for the drink.
I will let you know in my next post how it worked out and if the family likes it or not. I will also post some pictures so you can see the finished dish. ENJOY!